Welcome to Chill Out Sound Support
provide a free and confidential service for non-injecting drug users
aged 18 and over.
We provide relevant information about drugs with the aim of eliminating, or minimising, the risks associated with drug use.
The information is particularly aimed at mild to problematic recreational and experimental drug users. The project offers a pragmatic approach, that relates to the client groups own attitudes and lifestyles.
Despite the terminology ‘recreational
’ it does not mean that there are no associated problems. Problematic recreational drug users generally find it hard to admit that their drug use is affecting their life. The sooner they seek help then the less damaging effect it has on all areas of their life, including their personal relationships, work, and financial problems.
- Harm reduction advice and information.
- One to one crisis intervention and ongoing support, based on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Motivational Interviewing.
- Outreach sessions in night-time venues.
- Information stalls at relevant events.
- Safer sex and contraceptive advice.
- Training on drugs, drug use and Safer Nightlife guidelines.
- Referral to other specialist services.